Rental electric scooters, such as those offered by Bird, Lime, Lyft, Uber, Bolt, Razor USA, Scoot Network, Skip and Spin provide an eco-friendly and quick alternative to traditional ways of transportation. Using a Mobile app, you can locate a nearby scooter, unlock it, and ride it to your destination. Although they are convenient, the scooters pose potential high risks of injury to riders, pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers who share the same space. Mechanical defects, road hazards, distracted drivers can all cause accidents that could result in serious injuries.
If you or loved one were in an accident involving an electric scooter, whether you were riding it or collided with someone who was, our network of attorneys at Attorneys For All will provide legal representation to guide you through the complicated process of filing a claim against the responsible party or parties. Our network of personal injury attorneys have decades of combined legal experience and have successfully recovered millions of dollars for accident victims.
Some common scooter accident scenarios that are being seen are as follows:
- Scooter riders being hit by cars while crossing roadways or intersections.
- Scooter operators striking pedestrians on walkways or sidewalks.
- Scooters encountering defective property conditions such as raised sidewalks, potholes or other dangerous roadway or parking lot defects.
- Operators driving scooters under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
What to do in the Event of a Scooter Accident in California
- Stop and assess the scene and any injuries you may have. Call 911 if you, a passenger or anyone involved has sustained bodily injury.
- Obtain information from each driver of any vehicle involved in the incident including driver’s license number, license plate number, type of vehicle, and insurance information. (Take photos and videos)
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Document the accident scene with photos and videos.
- Seek prompt medical attention. Don’t refuse to go to the E.R. or Doctor office as you may have serious injuries.
- Call our toll-free number in California for scooter accident injuries 24/7 at 877-776-9558