What a Car Accident Attorney Can Do For You and When You Should Hire One
A car accident is traumatic and stressful. After an accident happens, there are a million things that rush through your mind. The first is to check if everyone is okay, then assess the damages, and wonder what steps you need to take with the insurance company. While all this is going on, you also need to take care of your medical needs and figure out the prosses of getting your car fixed.
Once you contact an attorney, they will set up a consultation. During the consultation, the attorney will evaluate your case and tell you what option you have. Once you choose to sign up with the attorney, they will assist you through the whole process.
Fight for a Fair Settlement
A lot of work goes into a strong car accident claim. A car accident attorney does a lot behind the scenes to build a strong case for you. They help you with:
- Investigating the details of your accident
- Gather all important information, including pictures, police reports, witness statements, and other damages
- Connect you to medical experts to help with your injuries
- Build and file a personal injury claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Negotiate for a fair settlement if the insurance company
- File a lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to negotiate
- Represent you in court and through every step leading up to court. With the goal of maximum compensation for you
The main goal of an accident lawyer is getting you the compensation you deserve. Compensation for:
- Present and future medical costs
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- And much more
When to hire an attorney
It is best to hire an attorney as soon as you can to avoid mistakes. The following are a few situations where you might need to hire a personal injury lawyer:
- Right after an accident and before speaking to the insurance company
- Insurance company refusing to pay for your injuries
- You’ve suffered a long-term or disabling injury
- You’ve endured a severe short-term injury that resulted in significant medical costs
- A loved one died from injuries sustained in the accident
- You have been sued by someone claiming negligence on your part
5 Mistakes to Avoid on Auto Accident Injury Claims
When you are involved in an accident, your first concern should be your health. Then it is to file a claim to cover the expenses of your damaged vehicle and medical expenses. It is crucial to take the right step to ensure you get the maximum compensation; here is a list of a few things you should avoid.
- Admitting fault. Never to admit to anything at the scene or at any other point until you speak to a lawyer
- Not gathering evidence at the scene. Take as many photos of damages and the surrounding area, collect contact information of everyone involved in the accident, and contact information of any witnesses.
- Not seeing a doctor. It is vital to get checked by a medical professional to rule out any underlying injuries. It is also going to help you maximize your compensation.
- Accepting the first insurance offer. Insurance companies will usually try to give you the minimum amount possible to close the case.
- Not hiring a car accident attorney. An experienced accident attorney will be able to handle all communications with the insurance company to ensure everything goes smoothly. Additionally, they know what areas to focus on to receive the maximum compensation.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident, make sure to contact a trusted and experienced attorney. Our network of attorneys have years of experience dealing with accidents and personal injuries. They will negotiate with insurance companies to get you the medical help you need, cover expenses of your damaged vehicle, and get you the compensation you deserve. CALL US ANYTIME (877)776-9558 or fill out a consultation form here to start the process.